Sidekicks Taekwondo White Belt Form
Student is without knowledge of Taekwondo
Belt color (with black stripes) grade testing cycle.
Timing are guidelines, and vary for each individual student of Taekwondo.
Sidekicks white belt form is taught at the white belt level. This form includes hand and foot techniques at the early stages of white belt training. Sidekicks white belt form has a total of twenty movements and is done on a straight line. The line represents the number one, the first known digit in the numerical sequence, and it starts facing east (all forms symbolically start facing east) and then moves to west.
This movement in the white belt form represents a marriage of east to west. Symbolic of students of Taekwondo moving from center, which represents the Sidekicks organization and traveling toward the east, representing the origins of Taekwondo, then moving toward the west, and back to center.
This movement in Sidekicks white belt form symbolizes the coming together of two cultures, merging the best of both worlds, creating a unique system.
Sidekicks White Belt Form
All forms symbolically face far East.
Left foot moves to ready stance C.
Moves 3-4 and 13-14 performed fast.
- Left foot steps East to front stance, twin low block to sides
- Left inner forearm block(M-Section).
- Right reverse punch to east (M. Section)
- Left lounge punch to east (H- Section) Ki-Hap!
- Right front kick to east (M- Section), then step forward to right front stance.
- Left reverse high block
- Right reverse punch (Low Section) to East
- Left side kick to west (M. Section) then step to middle stance
- Left knife hand strike to West. (H. Section)
- Right reverse punch to west (M. Section)
- Right foot steps West to front stance, twin low block to sides
- Right innerforearm block(M-Section).
- Left reverse punch to West (M. Section)
- Right lounge punch to West (H- Section) Ki-Hap!
- Left front kick to West (M- Section), then step forward to left front stance.
- Right reverse high block
- Left reverse punch (Low Section) to West
- Right side kick to east (M. Section) then step to middle stance
- Right knife hand strike to East. (H. Section)
- Left reverse punch to East (M. Section)
Bahro: Left foot returns to East, ready stance “C”
Copyright Sidekicks Martial Arts Academy 1982